Ethan Affordable Housing is a not-for-profit housing company that is one of the largest National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) approved providers across Australia.
We are managed by a highly experienced Board with over 50 years of combined experience in diverse business and social capacity backgrounds. With a vision to promote the relief of poverty and support community members in need, we are motivated to provide affordable housing for low to moderate income families and key workers.
We achieve this through the creation of financially sustainable business models for socially conscious investors. Investors may range from retail to financial institutions that are looking to fund socially responsible programs in Australian communities. Our proven delivery models also meet the needs of other stakeholders including Governments, developers, retail investors, financial institutions and superannuation funds.
With a significant background in the development and management of large-scale residential developments, we have the experience and knowledge to successfully provide a commercial return to investors and meet the requirements of Government initiatives.
Our role within the NRAS initiative includes:
- Applications for the NRAS incentives from the Government.
- Oversight of the delivery of selected dwellings to ensure compliance with the NRAS.
- Selection of appropriate tenancy managers in each region across Australia.
- Ensure compliance of eligibility requirements of proposed tenants with the NRAS.
- Collection of relevant information to undertake a yearly audit process.
- Completion of the audit, compliance and acquittal reporting responsibilities to the Government.
- Co-ordination of the NRAS incentive payments to investors with all relevant documentation.
To support our mission to see all members of the community have access to safe and affordable housing, Ethan’s expansion in the facilitation and management of NRAS housing will allow us to fund the acquisition of crisis accommodation facilities for youth in most States across Australia.